Twitter CEO 11 Things To Know About Parag Agrawal : After Sundar Pichai and Satya Nadella, another Indian-origin CEO has taken the helm of a major tech corporation. Following Jack Dorsey’s resignation as CEO, Twitter’s board of directors nominated Parag Agrawal, the company’s CTO, as the new CEO.
“I’ve decided to leave Twitter because I believe it is time for the company to move on from its founders.” I have a lot of faith in Parag as Twitter’s CEO. His work has had a profound impact during the last ten years. I owe him a debt of gratitude for his talent, heart, and soul. “It’s his turn to lead,” Dorsey added.
“I look forward to building on what we have accomplished under Jack’s leadership and I am immensely energised by the prospects ahead,” Agrawal said in accepting the new post as Twitter’s CEO. We will deliver significant value for our consumers and shareholders as we redefine the future of public conversation by continuing to enhance our performance.”
Here’s everything you need to know about Parag Agrawal:
- Parag Agrawal graduated from the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, with a bachelor’s degree in computer science and engineering.
- He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from Stanford University after graduating from IIT Bombay.
- After completing his degree, Parag worked as a leader at Microsoft Research and Yahoo Research.
- He joined Twitter in October of 2011.
- As a result of his achievements in revenue and consumer engineering, Parag was named Twitter’s first Distinguished Engineer.
- According to Twitter, Parag’s work at Twitter had a significant impact on the re-acceleration of audience growth in 2016 and 2017.
- In October 2018, Twitter named Parag as the company’s CTO.
- In his role as CTO, Parag has been in charge of the company’s technical strategy, directing efforts to increase development speed while also advancing the state of the art.
- In 2019, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey appointed Parag as Project Bluesky’s director. For those who are unfamiliar with Project Bluesky, it was created by an independent group of open source architects to combat misinformation on Twitter.
- On November 29, 2021, Jack Dorsey resigned from Twitter, and the company’s board of directors named Parag as the new CEO.
- Parag is 37 years old and one of the youngest CEOs in the software industry. He and Mark Zuckerberg are the same age.