The newly upgraded Oculus Quest 2 VR headset would seem to present the perfect VR scenario for playing your favorite Roblox titles. Sadly, Roblox isn’t available as an Oculus Quest or Quest 2 game. But don’t fret. You can still play your favorite Roblox titles on your Oculus Quest 2 headset with a workaround.
How to Play Roblox on an Oculus Quest 2
At this time, Quest 2 doesn’t have Roblox on its list of in-house games, so you can’t enjoy your Roblox classics using the headset. To do so, you need a PC fast enough to support VR technology. The process involves connecting your PC to the Quest using a high-quality USB cable explicitly built for this purpose. Your number one choice should be the Oculus link cable, but there are also third-party options that allow you to run Roblox on Quest without issues.
But what if you don’t have the cable? The good thing is that there’s an app that allows Quest 2 to remotely access your PC, paving the way for a wireless VR experience. But first, let’s see how the link cable method works.
Method 1: Running Roblox on Quest 2 Using a Link Cable
- First, you need to download and install the Oculus app on your PC. The app is readily available on the official Oculus website. At the same time, turn on your Oculus headset.
- After successfully installing the app, open it and select “Devices” from the navigation menu on the left side of your screen.
- Next, click on “Add Headset.” The headset options available at this time include Rift, Rift S, Quest, and Quest 2.
- Select Quest 2 and then click on “Continue” to confirm that you want to connect your headset.
- Click on “Continue” to confirm that you’d like to check your cable connection.
- Close the setup window.
- Now, put your Oculus headset on. You should see a prompt asking you whether you want to enable the Oculus link. Click on “Enable” to confirm. There will also be a data access prompt on your computer’s screen, but you can ignore that one because it doesn’t affect the process.
- Select “Settings” from the navigation menu in the Oculus app.
- Select “General.”
- At this point, you need to enable connection to “Unknown Sources.” It’s as simple as toggling the button next to this option.
- You can test whether the connection is a success. To do so, find a Roblox title, click the play button, and then put on your headset. You should be good to go.
Here’s how to play your Roblox classics on Oculus Quest 2 with the help of your PC and a link cable:
Once you’ve linked your PC to the Quest 2 headset successfully, you should be able to play any Roblox game on your headset. For worlds that don’t support VR, you’ll play on a virtual desktop on your headset. But for all worlds compatible with VR, you’ll see an “Enable VR” option in the in-game settings.
If a world supports VR but you can’t activate VR mode despite having established a link between your PC and headset, you may be running an outdated version of Roblox. To find out whether this is the problem, you should uninstall Roblox and then install the latest version available on the Roblox website. If possible, you should install the app as the admin on your computer.
Method 2: Running Roblox on Quest 2 Using a Wireless Desktop App
One of the advantages of Oculus Quest 2 over other VR headsets on the market is that it offers a wireless experience. For this reason, some gamers consider running Roblox on Quest 2 using a link cable as an unnecessary hustle. Luckily, there’s an app that can help you enjoy Roblox on your Oculus Quest 2 headset without the need for cables: Virtual Desktop. With the app, you’re able to remotely access your PC while your Oculus headset is on.
Here’s how to use the Virtual Desktop app:
- Download and install the Virtual Desktop app on your Oculus Quest 2 headset.
- After that, you need to download and install the PC Virtual Desktop app.
- Next, enter your username to connect your devices. You’ll then be able to access VR-compatible games on your headset through the Visual Desktop menu.
This approach has a downside because your wireless experience will largely depend on the strength of your internet connection. If you’re unable to initiate play yet you’ve got a stable network, you should try restarting your devices.
Take Your Roblox Experience to a Whole New Level
With over 20 million games being produced on Roblox every year, Roblox should be in every gamer’s library. And thanks to Oculus Quest 2 headsets and a few adjustments, you can enjoy your favorite Roblox releases in VR and elevate your gaming experience to a whole new level. Hopefully, Roblox will eventually be included in Oculus Quest 2. But until then, these workarounds should be helpful.
Do you love Roblox in VR? What are some of your favorite games? Let’s engage in the comments section below.