How To make a public profile on snapchat : If you have tweens or teens, you know about Snapchat. And if you can’t figure out how it works, you’re probably over 25. One of the most popular social media apps out there, Snapchat gives kids and teens what they really want: a simple way to share everyday moments while simultaneously making them look awesome. And unlike Facebook and Twitter, which record and broadcast everything you do, Snapchat uses messages that are meant to disappear (learn more about how they actually don’t). Like so many social media apps, Snapchat is a mixed bag, so it’s a good idea to understand how it works, how your kids use it and how much time they spend on it so you can make sure their experiences are positive.
How To make a public profile on snapchat
Profiles make it easy to find the info and Snapchat features that you care about the most! Learn what’s available in My Profile, Friendship Profiles, Group Profiles, Public Profiles and Public Profiles for Businesses.
You can help to catch bugs and might be able to test out Snapchat features before they’re released with Snapchat’s Beta programme.
My Profile features your Snapchat info, such as your Bitmoji, location on the Map, friend info and more! It’s now easier than ever to manage your Story, as well as check out who has viewed it 👀
You can customise your 3D Bitmoji header by tapping it or pulling down on your Profile card. Share your customised pose and background to other platforms by tapping the share icon at the top of the screen!
Want more customisation of your 3D Bitmoji? Change your Bitmoji avatar style to Deluxe for additional options!
A Friendship Profile is as unique as each individual friendship! To see a Friendship Profile, swipe right from the camera screen and tap on a friend’s Bitmoji icon 👆
The Snaps and messages you’ve saved are shown here, just for you and your friend 🤐 Any Charms you have with this friend are shown at the bottom.
There’s a lot you can do in a Friendship Profile! Tap at the top for options to report, block or remove that friend, manage notifications and more. You can also make a Voice or Video Call, send a Snap and start a Chat all from within a Friendship Profile!
Please note: screenshotting a Friendship Profile might notify that friend 👀
Group Profiles showcase your saved Snaps and Chats within a Group Chat. To see a Group Profile, swipe right from the Camera screen and tap on a Group Bitmoji icon 👆
Tap at the top for options to leave the Group, edit the Group name, manage notifications, add other friends to the Group and more.
Please note: updated Profiles are being rolled out to Snapchatters slowly 👻
Public Profiles enable Snapchatters aged 18 and over to be discovered in the app.
In addition to increased visibility, a Public Profile grants access to a handful of tools:
Editing your Public Profile
You can edit your Public Profile to add a bio, profile photo and other public information that you want your fans to see.
To edit your Public Profile…
- Tap your Bitmoji or Story icon at the top to go to My Profile
- Tap your Public Profile card under ‘Public Profile’
- Tap “Edit Profile”
Stories let you showcase collections of your favourite Public Snaps, photos and videos right on your Public Profile – permanently!
To create a Story…
- Tap on your profile under the “Public Profiles” section
- Tap “Save a Story to your Profile”
- Choose Snaps or photos from your Camera Roll to add, then tap “Select”
- Review your Story, then tap “Next”
- Set a title and cover, then tap “Finish” to publish your Story to your Public Profile!
To add a Lens to your Profile, upload a Lens via Lens Studio. Once the Lens is live, it will then be automatically added to the “Lenses” tab in your Public Profile.
You can decide whether or not you want your subscriber count to be visible on your Public Profile.
To change your subscriber count visibility:
- Go to your Profile
- Open your Public Profile Settings and tap “Edit Profile”
- Scroll to the bottom of your Public Profile management
- Toggle “Show Subscriber Count” on or off
How to create a Public Profile
To create a Public Profile:
- Go to your Profile
- Scroll down to the ‘Public Profile’ section
- Tap “Create Public Profile”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create your Public Profile
If you’re a Creator, you can learn more about Creator Features here.
How TO Create a Snap
Create a Photo or Video Snap
Ready, set, SNAP 📷
Here’s the basics of Snapping:
- Tap the camera button 🔘 to take a photo Snap.
- Press and hold the camera button 🔘 to create a video Snap.
- Tap 🔄 to switch between the selfie and rear-facing camera.
Expert tip 💡 You can also double-tap the screen to switch cameras!
- Tap ⚡️ to enable or disable flash.
Take your Snap to the next level – learn how to use Lenses and Filters, and add personal style with Creative Tools 🎨
When your Snap masterpiece is ready, send it to your friends and Stories!
Need more than 10 seconds to capture the moment? Long Snap lets you capture continuous video Snaps.
Press and hold the Camera button 🔘 to take a Long Snap – keep holding to keep the Snap going!
When you’re done, the Long Snap will appear at the bottom of the Camera screen where you can edit it, add a Filter and use Creative Tools.
To edit a Long Snap:
- Tap on the Snap and drag the edges to trim it
- Tap the scissors ✂️ and drag up to split the Snap
- If you split the Snap, you can tap ✖️ to remove segments
- Use the Creative Tools, too! They’re applied to every Snap 🎨
When you’re done, save your Long Snap to Memories or send it to a friend or Story. Keep in mind, you can’t separate out a single Snap from a Long Snap.
Long Snaps can’t be looped, reversed or include 3D stickers at the moment 😬
If you’re having trouble sending a Long Snap to a Story, you can save it to your Memories and try resending each Snap individually.
Please note: Long Snap may not be available on some devices 😓
Looking for a different way to capture a Snap? Tap on the Camera screen and select a Camera Mode.
Camera Modes include:
- Focus Mode – focus on a face with a depth-of-field effect.
- Timer – set a timer delay for the perfect group Snap.
- Grid – align a Snap with grid lines.
- Multi Snap – capture multiple Snaps at once and edit them.
- 3D – take a 3D selfie and add 3D effects. Move your phone to change the perspective!
- Timeline Mode – capture multiple videos sequentially to edit and send as one video. You can also import videos from your Camera Roll to add to the fun!
Please note: Snaps with 3D are only supported on certain iOS devices.
Use Multi Snap to catch that fast action shot or choose the perfect selfie 😁
Multi Snap lets you take multiple photo or video Snaps quickly so you can review and edit them individually – choose the best ones to send or save!
To take a Multi Snap:
- Tap on the Camera screen and tap
- Tap or hold the Camera button repeatedly to take multiple photo and video Snaps
- Tap “Review and Edit”
- Tap a Snap to edit it, or tap ✖️ to remove it
When you’re done, tap at the bottom to save your Snaps to Memories, or tap to send them to a friend or a Story!
Snapchat is a fast and fun way to share the moment with your friends and family 👻
• Snapchat opens straight to the camera — just tap to take a photo or press and hold for video.
• Express yourself with Lenses, Filters, Bitmoji and more!
•Try out new Lenses created daily by the Snapchat community!
• Stay in touch with friends through live messaging or share your day with Group Stories.
• Video chat with up to 16 friends at once — you can even use Lenses and Filters when chatting!
• Express yourself with Friendmoji — exclusive Bitmoji made just for you and a friend.
• Watch friends’ Stories to see their day unfold.
• See Stories from the Snapchat community that are based on your interests.
• Discover breaking news and exclusive, original Shows.
• Spotlight showcases the best of Snapchat!
• Submit your own Snaps or sit back, relax and watch.
• Pick your favourites and share them with friends.
• Share your location with your best friends or go off the grid with Ghost Mode.
• See what your friends are up to on your most personal map when they share their location with you.
• Explore live Stories from the community nearby or across the world!
• Save unlimited photos and videos of all your favourite moments.
• Edit and send old moments to friends or save them to your Camera Roll.
• Create Stories from your favourite Memories to share with friends and family.
• Every friendship has its own special profile so that you can see the moments you’ve saved together.
• Discover new things you have in common with Charms — see how long you’ve been friends, your astrological compatibility, your Bitmoji fashion sense and more!
• Friendship Profiles are just between you and a friend, so you can bond over what makes your friendship special