Facebook has perhaps been a little late with adding everyone’s favorite social media feature – stories. But they have been here for a while. And, as predicted, stories come with all of the fun options, like adding music.
There are two ways that you can add music to a Facebook story. The first is just the Music Story that features an artist and lyrics.
And the other is simply adding music to a video or a photo that you want to share with your friends.
Creating a Music Story
Before going any further, it’s important to mention that you can only post stories on Facebook using the Facebook App for Android or iOS, not your computer.
You can still view stories on your computer, though. When you’re enjoying a song or an artist, and you want to share it with your friends, then creating a Music Story is the best way to go.
That way they’ll see the cover art, lyrics, and a portion of a song. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Launch the Facebook app on your smartphone and choose the “+Add to Story” option.
- At the top of the screen, select “Music.”
- A list of songs will appear, and you can browse by category or simply type in the name of the song. When you select the song, Facebook will automatically create a post with that particular song.
- You can customize the background color and choose any effect you want to add.
- Now, select the “Lyrics” option. And adjust the bar to the portion of the song you want to feature and its length.
- When you finish, select “Done.”
- You will be redirected to the main menu, where you can customize your story even more. Finally, select the “Share to Story” option.
Now when your friends tap on your story, they’ll be able to hear what you’re listening to.
Adding Music to Photo or Video
Another way to make your Facebook story more fun is to add music to an image or video that you want to share.
Whether it’s to highlight a certain mood or just to add value to your content, a musical Facebook story is almost always a winner. Here’s what that process looks like:
- Open your Facebook app and click on “+Add to Story.”
- Go to your Camera Roll to choose a photo or a video or take one at the moment.
- Select the “Smiley face” sticker.
- A sticker panel will appear, and you need to select the “Music” sticker.
- You’ll now have to option to browse through music and search for specific songs.
- You’ll also have the option to choose the lyric segment of the song and if you want to add the cover art or any other stickers.
- When you have everything ready, select “Share to Story.”
Voila, your story now features music.
Important Note: If you only want to create a text story, you won’t be able to add music to it. For now, Facebook doesn’t support this option.
Can Everyone See Your Facebook Stories?
Like with any other type of posts on Facebook, you can customize who can view your stories. If you have a lot of Facebook friends and prefer to share your music stories with fewer people, here’s how you’d adjust these settings:
- When you add a video or a photo to your Facebook story, check out the “Your Story” option in the right bottom corner of the screen.
- By default, the settings will be “Public,” which means all your Facebook friends and any followers you might have will be able to see.
- You can choose either “Friends and connections,” “Friends,” or “Custom.”
The “Custom” option is where you can get as specific as you want and list only the people whom you want to share your Facebook stories with.
Match Your Facebook Story with the Perfect Tune
Facebook might not have all the songs you want to add to your stories, but it sure has many of them. If you don’t want to share personal photos or videos for the moment, you can always just put the music front and center and let your chosen audience enjoy it.
And if you love the music feature because it perfectly accompanies that selfie or a picture of you and your best friend, you can make the most of this option.
Do you add music to your Facebook stories? Please share with the community in the comment section below.