If you’ve been on TikTok for a while, you’ve probably seen thousands of videos so far. However, maybe you suddenly wish to know the exact number of videos you watched in the past. Unfortunately, TikTok doesn’t have an option that lets you see that.
However, if you’re persistent enough, there’s a way to access a file with all your watched videos. If that’s information you’d find useful, you’ve come to the right place. This article will share helpful tips on how to gain access to all videos you watched from your TikTok account for iPhone and Android users.
How to Tell How Many TikToks You Have Viewed on the iPhone
TikTok has undoubtedly been the fastest growing platform over the past year. Plus, with millions of uploaded videos each day, the traffic keeps increasing. The more people engage with the app, the more they may be curious about how many TikToks they have actually viewed.
So how can you tell how many TikToks you viewed? The easiest way is to go through your video history on TikTok, but this feature is still unavailable for most users.
Some people can see their watch history on their profiles, so you can try these steps to see if your account is applicable as well:
- Start TikTok on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Profile” icon from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the three vertical lines and look for the “Watch History” option.
- If it’s there, tap on it. You’ll be presented with a history of all TikTok videos you watched.
If not, you’ll have to go the long way. You can download your TikTok activity file that contains all your personal information, including the links to all videos you ever watched on your account.
Here’s how to download this file using your iPhone:
- Start the TikTok app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Profile” button from the bottom of the screen to get to your profile.
- Tap on the three vertical lines in the upper right-hand corner.
- Navigate to “Settings.”
- Scroll to “Privacy.”
- Continue to “Personalization and Data.”
- Tap on “Download your data.” You’ll see a list of info you can download, including “Your profile,” “Your activity,” and “Your app settings.”
- Tap on the “Request data file.”
The process can take up to two days, depending on the file size. You’ll receive a notification that the request was received, and you can follow its status under the “Download data” tab. After your request is approved, the “Pending” status will turn to “Download,” and you’ll be able to download the file.
- Get the file by tapping on “Download.”
The file will be available for download for four days. Make sure to download the file before it disappears. Otherwise, you’ll have to send another request and wait additional two days.
- The file will download by default to the “Files” folder in your iPhone. If your iPhone can’t open the .zip file, you can transfer it to your computer.
- When you open the folder, navigate to the “Activity” folder.
- You’ll see a lot of “.txt” files. Open the one called “VideoBrowsingHistory.txt.”
Inside, you’ll see a detailed list of all watched videos on your account. The list will contain the timestamps and links to the videos as well. However, you’ll have to count all of them to get an exact total.
How to Tell How Many TikToks You Have Viewed on an Android Device
TikTok can be truly addictive – there’s no doubt about that. If you were to count every single video you watched on the platform, you could count in thousands. If you’re quite interested in your TikTok activity, you may wonder how to tell the number of TikToks you watched on your Android device.
If you’re one of the few lucky users, you’ll be able to see the history of your watched videos on your profile. Follow the steps below to see if your profile is applicable:
- Launch the TikTok app on your Android device.
- Tap on your avatar from the bottom right-hand of the screen.
- Tap on the menu icon (three vertical lines) and select “Watch History.”
You may now be able to see the history of all videos you watched on TikTok.
Unfortunately, if you don’t see the “Watch History” option, it means you need to find out the hard way. But no worries – it’s easy to follow the steps. The central part involves downloading a “.zip” file with all documented activity from your TikTok account.
If this sounds like something that could work for you, follow the steps below:
- Start the TikTok app on your Android device.
- Tap on the “Profile” icon from the bottom right-hand of the screen to open your profile.
- Tap on the three vertical lines from the upper right-hand to navigate to “Settings.”
- You’ll be redirected to the account menu. Tap “Privacy” from the options list and navigate to “Personalization and Data.”
- Tap on the “Download your data” button. You’ll see a list of information to download that includes your username, profile photo, contact info, videos, comment history, app settings, and more.
- Select “Request data file” from the bottom of the list.
The process will take up to two days, depending on the file size. You’ll receive a notification that your request is received. You can track the status in the “Download data” section. After a day or two, you’ll notice the “Pending” status switch to “Download.” This is when you can download the file in a “.zip” format.
- Once you see that the download is ready, tap on “Download file.”
Once the file is ready for download, it will be available for four days. Make sure to download the file during that time to avoid having to send another request.
- Access the file from the “My Files” folder.
- If your phone can’t open a “.zip” file, transfer it to your computer.
- Open the downloaded folder and navigate to the folder called “Activity.”
- You’ll find several “.txt” files. Look for the one called “VideoBrowsingHistory.txt.”
- Open that file.
- Inside, you’ll find the list of all TikTok videos you watched, followed by timestamps and their respective links.
Enjoy counting your watched TikTok videos!
As an experienced TikTok user, you’re most likely aware of the “Like” or “Favorite” buttons. You can view the history of your liked and favorite videos which might help you get closer to your goal.
- Like videos by double-tapping them and enter the liked video history by tapping on the heart icon in your profile menu.
- Long press a video to make it a favorite or tap on the “share” icon and select “Add to Favorites.” You can access your favorite videos by tapping the “Bookmark” icon in your profile menu.
Keeping Track of Watched TikTok Videos
As you can see, there’s no easy way to tell how many TikTok videos you watched. However, determined users can download their account history and find the list of all videos they ever watched along with other information regarding their TikTok account.
This article has provided you with the latest information on how to tell how many TikTok videos you’ve watched. As soon as new options emerge, we’ll make sure to keep you updated.
Why did you want to see a list of all videos you watched on TikTok? Did the method provided in this article help you achieve the desired result? Please share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section below.